- Use of Particle Tracking to Improve Numerical Model Calibration
and to Analyze Groundwater Flow and Contaminant Migration, Massachusetts
Military Reservation, Western Cape Cod, Massachusetts. U.S. Geological
Survey Water Supply Paper 2482 by John P. Masterson, Donald A. Walter,
and Jennifer Savoie, 50p.
- America's Water Supply: Status and Prospects for the Future, by Kenneth
D. Frederick, Consequences, Spring 1995, pg. 13-23, National Oceanic
and Atmospheric Administration.
- Citizen's Guide to Groundwater Protection, Source: U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency, April 1990.
- Water Resources of Cape Cod: Water Use, Hydrology, and Potential
Changes in Ground Water Levels, Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental
Affairs, Department of Environmental Manage-ment, Office of Water Resources,
- Sewage Plume in a Sand-and-Gravel Aquifer, Cape Cod, Massachusetts,
by Kathryn M. Hess, National Water Summary 1986, U.S. Geological Survey,
Water-Supply Paper 2325, pgs 87-92.
- The Enemy Within: The Struggle to Clean Up Cape Cod's Military Superfund
Site, Seth Rolbein, Association for the Preservation of Cape Cod, Orleans,
Massachusetts, 1995, 176p. with map.
- The Environmental Impact of Ground Water Use on Cape Cod, Arthur
N. Strahler, Association for the Preservation of Cape Cod, Orleans, Massachusetts,
- Cape Cod Environmental Atlas, Arthur H. Brownlow, ed., Boston
- Cape Cod Field Trips: from Yesterday's Glaciers to Today's Beaches,
Stephen P. Leatherman, Coastal Publications Series, Laboratory for Coastal
Research, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, 1988, 132p.
- "Contamination on the Cape," Christopher Hallowell, Audubon,
July-August 1991, pgs. 64-75.
- Outlook on Groundwater-Senior High, Institute for Environmental
Education, University of Northern Iowa, Bernard Hermanson, Joyce Meyers.
- "A 'Living Machine' Purifies Waste," Laura Van Tuyl, Christian
Science Monitor, 2-13-91, pgs. 12-13.
- Geologic History of Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Robert N. Oldale,
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1992, 23p.
- Cape Cod Aquifer, Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Barbara J. Ryan,
U.S. Geological Survey, Water-Resources Investigations 80-571, August 1980,
- Water Table Map of Cape Cod, Massachusetts, May 1996, Denis
R. LeBlanc and J.H. Guswa, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 77-419,
1977, Scale 1:48,000, 1 sheet.
- Groundwater: Michael Frimpter and Scott Horsley, p.35-50, in State
of the Cape 1994. Progress Toward Preservation, edited by Dana Hornig,
Association for the Preservation of Cape Cod 1993, 259 p.
- Altitude and Configuration of the Water Table, Western Cape Cod
Aquifer, Massachusetts, March 1993. Jennifer Savoie, U.S. Geological
Survey Open-File Report 94-462, Scale 1:50,000, 1 sheet, 1995.
- Geologic Map of Cape Cod and the Islands, Massachusetts, Robert
N. Oldale and Roger A. Barlow, U.S. Geological Survey Miscellaneous Investigations
Series Map I-1763, Scale 1:100,000, 1986.
- Eastern National Park and Monument Association, n.d., Cape Cod. The
Sands of Time: National Park Series, Videocassette #VI.32, 43 min.
(Eastern National Park and Monument Association, 325 Chestnut Street, #1212,
Philadelphia, PA 19106. Tel: 800-821-2903)
- Oldale, Robert N., 1992, Cape Cod and the Islands. The Geologic
Story: East Orleans, MA, Parnassus Imprints, 208p.
- Strahler, Arthur N., 1966, A Geologist's View of Cape Cod: East Orleans,
MA, Parnassus Imprints (1988 reprint of Doubleday book). 115p.
Back to top